An acquisition strategy working with leading fintech and financial services businesses
About Portage SPAC
Portage SPAC (Portage Fintech Acquisition Corp., Nasdaq:PFTAU) is a $260M special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of Sagard, a multi-strategy alternative asset manager. We seek to work with leading fintech and financial services businesses.
As the acquisition strategy of Portage, a global fintech and financial services investment platform within Sagard, we draw from the platform and firm’s deep experiences and global networks.
With $260M of cash in trust, we seek to partner with leading fintech and financial services businesses and leverage our collective expertise, ecosystem and capabilities to drive value creation for our partners and shareholders.
Our value proposition
Through our experienced team and financial services ecosystem, our platform is able to provide differentiated access to our partners.
- Decades of experience as financial services entrepreneurs and operators
- Track record of investing in fintech leaders
- Our team includes current board members from Mastercard, Credit Suisse, Paysafe, SoFi and former CEOs from AIG, Ceridian, E*Trade among others
- Relevant de-SPAC experience (SoFi and Paysafe)
- Strong relationships with leading PIPE investors
- Leadership has led $55B+ of fintech and financial services transactions
- Global financial services ecosystem of affiliated entities combined with 40+ corporates, institutions and family offices
- 60+ long-term partnerships facilitated for portfolio companies1
Value Creation Capabilities
- Enabled by a dedicated 13-member Value Creation team with expertise in go-to-market, technology and cybersecurity, commercial partnerships origination, and business acceleration and M&A.
Our sponsor is affiliated with Portage, a global investment platform focused on fintech and financial services with $2B+ assets under management² that is part of Sagard, a multi-strategy alternative asset management firm with $13.8B under management3
COO, CFO & Board Member, Portage SPACRead More
All filings for Portage Fintech Acquisition Corp. available via EDGARVIEW FILING (opens in new window)
- As of September 30, 2022. Partnerships can include POCs, pilots and full commercial.
- Assets Under Management (“AUM”) of Portage as of June 30, 2022, is the sum of the net asset value and uncalled capital commitments, of all funds and co-investment vehicles managed for the Portage platform.
- Assets Under Management (“AUM”) of Sagard as of June 30, 2022 is the sum of:
- net asset value of private equity, venture capital, private credit and healthcare funds, including uncalled capital commitments of those funds and unused leverage,
- gross asset value of the underlying real estate of EverWest funds and separate accounts,
- fair value of assets held in co-investment vehicles managed by Sagard and uncalled capital commitments of those co-investment vehicles,
- AUM of other managers controlled by Sagard,
- fair value of all other assets managed by Sagard that are not otherwise included in the clauses above.
Our definition of AUM is not based on any definition contained in our fund management agreements. Furthermore, our calculation may differ from the manner in which the SEC defines “Regulatory Assets Under Management” on Form ADV and from the AUM definition used by other asset managers.
All references to “dollars” or “$” are to US dollars unless otherwise stated.
Past Performance Disclaimer
- Statements contained in this Presentation relate to the historical experience of our sponsor and its affiliates and the executive officers and directors of Portage Fintech and its affiliates. An investment in Portage Fintech is not an investment in any of our sponsor’s or its affiliates’, executive officers’, directors’ or affiliates’ past investments or companies or funds affiliated with them. The historical results of these persons, investments, companies, funds or affiliates is not necessarily indicative of future performance of Portage Fintech. The information set forth herein is based upon information reasonably available to Portage Fintech as of the date of these materials, and Portage Fintech does not undertake any obligation to update such information at any time after such date. Portage Fintech is not sponsored or advised by any regulated entity, including any Sagard affiliated investment adviser or similar entity.